CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
We are excited to announce the #PRO4DEV2030 FORUM Call for Volunteers process. We have wonderful incentives for those who put in volunteer hours! We have a wonderful forum planned but we can’t do it all without volunteers. Committed volunteers are critical to the forum’ successes. We are looking for volunteers to help with the various aspects of the conference, and to get involved at many levels. We are looking for volunteers who are available at various times during the conference, including the days leading up to the conference for setup.
Volunteering at #PRO4DEV2030 FORUM is a fun opportunity for you to get involved in our Community, and participate at a level where you will have an opportunity to work with open-minded people committed to take our continent to a higher level by changing the work environment in Africa and even beyond. Volunteers will get access into all forum’ sessions, and have an opportunity to interact with all attendees.
WHY SHOULD YOU VOLUNTEER?
- Great opportunity to make a contribution to the community
- Get an insider’s view on being part of an event
- Gain useful experience and satisfaction
- Meet like-minded people as well as the leading experts in various fields
- Identify possibilities for personal skills development
- Strengthen your CV
IN RETURN FOR VOLUNTEER SERVICES WE GLADLY OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Full access into all forum’ sessions
- Being part of a great team of change-makers in Africa
- A certificate of participation
Volunteers will be provided and be expected to attend training regarding their area of responsibility, and be willing to commit their volunteering time. Volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Online Registration facilitator – assisting with the forum attendee e-registration and information
- Communications Support – Provide event’s support including preparation of materials for the events, Prepare & publish articles related to the forum on various platforms, etc.
- Forum e-Rooms Facilitators – assisting for Audio/Video (providing technical support in plenary and during groups sessions
- Clock runner – help speakers keep within the time limit. It is a good idea to gather the speakers and moderators prior to the sessions for a few moments before the session starts and review the ground rules
- Room checker – Introducing speakers (Being sure to get biographical information from your session’s speakers well before the session. Review the bios carefully and pick out a few highlights); ensuring they are in the room and speaking on time, and within their allotted time; facilitate large plenary Q&A sessions (Plenary, Orientation and other sessions).
- Sessions moderators – Help establish a friendly atmosphere during the sessions, make the speakers feel welcome, prepare few questions before the sessions to get the discussions started and go a long way toward ensuring that interesting questions are asked from the participants and a solid discussion ensues; let the panellists and participants know that the session is coming to an end, compile the key highlights of the sessions, lessons learned, recommendations, etc.
- Sessions interpreters – Help to deliver breakout and plenary sessions in English and French for our audience. Assist in interpreting complex topics for audiences, improving audience engagement and understanding from English to French and vice-versa.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
To volunteer, please complete this form with all of the required details.
Thank you. Your support is invaluable! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
#PRO4DEV2030 FORUM Committee