‘Your Dream In A Shoot’ project focuses on Capturing and preserving vulnerable children dreams with the main purpose of creating a historic record for the personal use of the child. We believe that an excellent photography has potential to effect change, make a difference, and expand a viewer’s field of vision. Through our project, we want to give the children the opportunity to discover their potential (via non-formal activities), take a time to dream, and talk about it. We also believe that this project will raise awareness among viewers by bringing them into vulnerable and orphans world via our photos.
We have a passion to bring sustainable change in the vulnerable children and orphans lives’, has driven four young people (from different countries) to come up with the idea of impacting lives of numerous orphaned children in Africa.
Evidence shows that many children in sub-Saharan Africa were orphaned and vulnerable because of sickness, hunger or conflict, war and are left without a secure environment and mostly are placed in vulnerable situations. These children are in need of love, care and affection which most people around are too busy to offer them.
We are confident that by providing them attention and mental stimulation that all children need to develop healthy social skills and self-confidence we will make a large impact on both us and the orphans themselves.
IMPORTANCE OF THE PROJECT
Most of the vulnerable children and orphans have never had the chance to be taken photos of with their friends, relatives and as they are growing up they pass important steps of changes in their lives with no documentation. Therefore, the physical history of their lives and the people significant to them is lost. Also, all of us need a dream to construct our lives and photos help us create, remember and share our life stories and dreams. Photos also help us to capture a moment that will never be reproduced, and fill us with memories.
Through our work, we intend to give voice to the voiceless, generate a historic record of significant moments of their lives experience and open eyes of the world to the fact that vulnerable children and orphans also have dreams that they are expecting to come through.
Our mission is to capture and preserve vulnerable children dreams with the main purpose of creating a historic record for the personal use of the child. Through this project, we want to give the children the opportunity to discover their potential, to take a time to dream, and talk about it.
We run various activities such as:
- Capturing photos – providing portrait and activities photographs to the children
- Interviewing the children – Through discussions/activities with the beneficiaries. This will help to know their individual dreams and write a story
- Providing to the orphanage an album “My dream” creating a record of their dreams with the fidelity of their words. This will include a Portrait of each beneficiary with their dreams written as well as few activities photographs important to them.
- Art and craft – Work with a local NGO and teach the kids art and craft (pottery, print t-shirts…)
- Provide photographs to vulnerable children and orphans for their happiness and protect them for now and years to come.
- Give voice to the voiceless. Document precious life’s moment by giving opportunity to the vulnerable children and orphans to speak about their dreams.
- Raise awareness. By focusing on bringing viewers into the world of the vulnerable children and orphans, we intend to open the eyes of the world to the fact that vulnerable children and orphans are in lack of love, attention and support.
- Bring light. Documentary photography will show us things we do not want to look. This is not done for shock value, but to inspire viewers to work toward the vulnerable children and orphans world where dreams are achieved.